Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hugh Jackman's 'Sexiest' Secrets

Declared 'Sexiest Man Alive' by People magazine last November, Hugh Jackman must have some specific secrets to keep his body gorgeous. The 40-year-old Australian film, television and stage actor claims that a very rigid diet of proteins and veggies is one main reason why he was able to maintain his fit figure. Another reason, he states, is the fact that he follows an equally rigid exercise regimen, working out six days a week in order to keep his muscles toned and his fat content down.

And rigid means rigid. Jackman insists that he lets himself get a small treat only every now and then. "I get up at 4am and eat egg whites, then every three hours after that. I have a combination of protein or steamed vegetables and brown rice. Then after midday, no rice or carbohydrates. It's just vegetables and meat or fish," he explains in a recent interview.

"I'm not going to live this way for the rest of my life. I do have treats, I love dark chocolate, beer and red wine. I love going out for dinner and do cheat sometimes.

"I train for an hour and a half a day, five days a week - weights, treadmill, rowing, everything. Then I do what my trainer calls ''a play session'' on the sixth, which previously would have killed me in itself," he adds.

His 'Sexiest Man' status stemmed from Australia, the Baz Luhrmann epic he starred in with fellow Aussie Nicole Kidman. Released in late November in both Australia and the US, audience members witnessed Jackman as a self-sufficient, gruff cattle drover who helps Kidman, who plays an English noblewoman. Jackman's role was originally cast for yet another Aussie hottie, Russell Crowe.

The Emmy- and Tony-award winner is set to host the 2009 Academy Awards in February, and has already hosted the Tony awards thrice. Besides the Oscars, another one of Jackman's much-awaited projects is his upcoming film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which he both produced and starred in. He will also be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment